What we do

We are a small group of riders in North County San Diego. We have 5 major things we do. We ride from Dave's house on Wednesday nights, drink beer after the ride, go on W5 rides when it rains, trail building, and see what bike Will brings to the rides. Rumor has it he is building a new one yet again.

These days we are all about 29ERS. We also do 8/12/24 hour Mtn Biking. See us at 12 hours of Temecula

Our weekly rides
Wednesday night ride - 6:30pm
Friday morning ride - 6:30am

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Will Mountain Biking ever catch up with Sailing?


Not sure if all you know, but I may ride bikes, but I am really a Sailor that Bikes. My background is racing sail boats. I have not done it for a while, but my daughter Melissa is a club racer at UCSB
I put a google alert together for 29ER and the first thing that pops up is 29ER for boats. I have been on 29ERs and 49ERs. They are the sport cars of dinghy racing. Here is a video of a 29ER on the water. They can reach speeds over 20mph. I can tell you that that is plenty fast when you are 6 inches of the water....

So the question is will Mtn Biking ever reach 49ERS?

1 comment:

SADror said...

I am looking for Melissa Pusl - if anyone knows her - please ask her to contact me at SADror@aol.com - we want to inform her that there will be a 25 years TRIPOD Reunion in May!!! Thanks in advance...