What we do

We are a small group of riders in North County San Diego. We have 5 major things we do. We ride from Dave's house on Wednesday nights, drink beer after the ride, go on W5 rides when it rains, trail building, and see what bike Will brings to the rides. Rumor has it he is building a new one yet again.

These days we are all about 29ERS. We also do 8/12/24 hour Mtn Biking. See us at 12 hours of Temecula

Our weekly rides
Wednesday night ride - 6:30pm
Friday morning ride - 6:30am

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Superfly SS Still Not Ready For Prime Time

Us 29er guys have it hard. I am having a tough time finding a rear cog that will give me the correct gearing for my new ride. There are plenty of cogs out there for the 26" wheel guys, but I need something a little bigger to go with my BIG WHEELS. Some people have been asking me about the Superfly SS frame and how it works so I thought I would share a few more photos.
The frame has horizontal rear drop-outs that allow you to slide the rear wheel back and forth to get the correct chain tension without using a heavy eccentric BB or a hokey chain tensioner.
The frame also has a slick "sliding" mount for the rear brake caliper so that you can re-position the brake after moving the wheel. I have seen this on some custom made steel frames from small builders, but never on a carbon frame.
I wanted to ride this bike tomorrow night on the Wednesday Night Mt. Ride, but I am not sure it is going to happen. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

DCallender said...

Just put the 17 on it and go. You know you will go faster that way... We want to see it tonight.